It took us a few weeks after we opened though to get everything in place to offer that feature and since we started we’ve seen a steady increase in its use and our business. Given our location and the population we serve we expect online ordering of pizza to continue to climb.
We think ordering online offers the following benefits to our customers:
- Convenient from anywhere you have an internet access.
- See the menu items and tick-off what you want the way you want it.
- Chance to keep up-to-date with new menu items and discounts without visiting the restaurant for that information – which let’s face it isn’t always convenient for you.
- No misinterpretation of what you want – sometimes with a busy and noisy restaurant the order on the phone can be difficult to capture correctly by the order taker.
- Chance to review and validate at checkout exactly what you’re about to order.
- Ability to pay with credit card online so there’s no fumbling for cash or change when picking-up at restaurant or on delivery to you.
But we’re not the only ones that think it’s a growing trend and something to offer our customers – so does Cornell University.
Recent research at the university concluded that nearly 50% of pizza restaurants now accept orders online, and “once customers try online ordering they’re far were more likely to continue to use it and the trend was only going to get bigger” according to one of the co-authors of the study, professor Sheryl E. Kimes.
Ms. Kimes also expressed surprise at the high incidence of online ordering in the study. However, we at La Befana Pizzeria are not surprised at all and saw it coming even as we were getting ready to open.
La Befana Pizzeria offers Gourmet pizza for Allston and Brighton neighborhoods of Boston. We hope you enjoyed our news about the trend of online ordering at places like ours, and just as an excuse for a shameless plug for us you can order our pizza online here.
La Befana Pizzeria Team
15 N. Beacon Street
Allston, MA 02134