While pizza is a large part of our life at La Befana in Allston when you’re at home and making your own pizza on the grill in the summer then try something different for a topping instead of tomato sauce.
We know many people wouldn’t think of having pizza without tomato sauce and cheese however, you’d be surprised the concoctions we’ve come across and tried and they taste surprisingly good.
So instead of tomato sauce experiment with alternatives. Here are a few to consider:
- Pesto – try one of the flavoring that includes mushrooms and sausage.
- Tapenade – for a Mediterranean flavor.
- Muhammara – if red peppers is your poison.
- Barbecue Sauce – yep, a summer favorite on pizza dough!
- Buffalo Sauce – not for the faint of heart.
- Peanut Sauce – tastes much better than it looks.
- Hummus – if you’re in the mood for a vegetarian pizza look no further.
You can find more ideas and information at the pizza blog post here.
For more traditional tomato sauce based pizzas then try one of our classic gourmet pizza for our Allston and Brighton customers. We hope you enjoyed learning about alternative sauce toppings pizza and look for other posts about pizza ingredients.
La Befana Pizzeria Team
15 N. Beacon Street
Allston, MA 02134